Director of New York Programs
New York, NY
We seek a full-time Director of New York Programs to implement vision and oversee execution of Hadar's in-person New York Yeshiva based programming. Our vibrant center of learning, Yeshivat Hadar, is known for sophisticated Torah study, a commitment to gender equality, rich tefillah experiences and a network of people who share a quest for purpose and meaning. The Yeshiva is the space where Hadar’s vision and unique cluster of values are brought to life and achieve their greatest impact as people experience our programs. We lead, model, inspire and connect through these programs and our Yeshiva.
The Director of New York Programs will work closely with Hadar’s faculty to build and expand our yeshiva based programs including long-term yeshiva fellowships, Summer Beit Midrash, multi-day immersive programs, and all public in-person classes and programs. We seek a dedicated professional who thrives in a fast-paced work environment, loves building deep relationships with people of all ages, and is skilled at project management. This person will report to Hadar’s Senior Director of Programs and Engagement, work closely with our Rashei Yeshiva, and serve as a key member of the Program and Engagement Team. This is an in-person, NYC based position.
Hadar strongly encourages applications from individuals with a broad range of identities and backgrounds, including people of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA+ people, and people who come from low income or working class backgrounds.
- Overall management of yeshiva programming including: Beit Midrash Fellowship and Summer Beit Midrash, multi-day immersive programs, and public in-person prayer, classes, and events.
- Collaborate closely with Rashei Yeshiva and faculty to design and execute programs , including setting calendar, creating program schedules and curating participant experiences
- Set a culture of respect, joy and reverence for yeshiva learning
- Supervise full-time Director of Yeshiva Program Operations
- Oversee all operational and participant needs for New York programs
- Oversee evaluation process for each of Hadar’s yeshiva based programs
- Develop strong working relationships with several internal teams at Hadar
- Responsibility for in-person presence on weekdays and at periodic evenings and weekends (approx. 3-4 evenings per month and 4-5 weekends per year)
- 4-7 years of work experience
- Highly organized and responsible, with the ability to oversee and track progress on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders
- Self-motivated and driven to create and implement new systems
- Friendly and clear verbal and written communication skills, with an eye toward detail
- Has a flexible and collaborative spirit, who will help to create a positive and collaborative work atmosphere
- Passion for Hadar’s mission and understanding of the value of Yeshiva and immersive learning
- An education or rabbinic degree is welcome but definitely not a requirement.
The Hadar Institute offers its employees a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental and Vision Care Benefits, Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Long-Term Care Insurance, Retirement Benefits and much more.
- Paid Holidays, both Jewish and legal
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Leaves of Absence
The salary range for this position is $80-$90K.
Please apply by submitting an application through this form: