- What We Do
- Who We Are
- In the News
- INDEPENDENT MINYANIM
- Strategic Plan
- Contact Us
- Job Openings
Job Opening: Executive Assistant
(Posted April 6, 2017)
Mechon Hadar is an educational institution that empowers Jews to create and sustain vibrant, practicing, egalitarian communities of Torah learning, prayer, and service.
Founded in 2006 as an institution for intense Torah study and as an advisory for congregations and minyanim looking to reinvigorate their prayer services, Mechon Hadar has since grown to include a unique array of offerings that reflect the true splendor—hadar in Hebrew—of Judaism. Mechon Hadar offers a year-long fellowship program for Jews wanting to expand their knowledge of Torah; it teaches core Jewish values, Jewish ideas, and communal music through three centers for learning; it offers short-term seminars for Jewish leaders of all stripes, from teachers to rabbis to Hillel professionals to lay people who want to make a difference in their own communities; and much more.
Today, through top-notch faculty, enthusiastic staff, committed supporting foundations and individual donors, and hundreds of alums, Mechon Hadar touches thousands of Jewish lives throughout the U.S. and Israel.
Mechon Hadar is seeking an enthusiastic executive assistant to support the senior leadership of the organization. We are looking for someone who is energetic, self-motivated, a team player, intentional, organized and possesses a strong attention to detail. We are looking for someone who can manage schedules, respond to emails in a timely fashion, help to set deadlines, and communicate effectively between the senior management and the rest of the staff and faculty. We are also looking for someone who can see themselves as a part of the team and identifies with Mechon Hadar’s mission and values.
- Attend critical meetings both internally and externally, drawing clear next step and execution plans
- Schedule and ensure follow up for senior management’s responsibilities, appointments, and deadlines
- Organize travel arrangements for out of town speaking engagements or meetings
- Serve as support for senior management in preparing materials for lectures and classes
- Communicate between senior management and Hadar staff/faculty regularly to promote collaboration and transparency
- Maintain responsibility for email communication of senior management
- Manage written materials including drafting, editing, and proofreading
- Prioritize correspondence between others and senior management
- General office support as needed
- Additional tasks as required
- BA / BS or equivalent
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced and creative work environment
- Self-starter who can take initiative and work independently
- Superb communication skills both for internal and external communications
- Flexible work style with the ability to work under tight deadlines and with shifting priorities
- Ability to manage and prioritize a wide range of tasks
- Experienced writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in Hebrew preferred
Salary commensurate with experience.