Hadar is a growing intellectual and spiritual initiative for people who want a meaningful Jewish life, serious Jewish study, and engaging Jewish community that empowers Jews to create and sustain vibrant, practicing, egalitarian communities of Torah, Avodah, and Hesed.
Hadar’s voice, deeply rooted in Jewish texts and traditions, offers a creative response to contemporary questions and challenges. Hadar is a leader in the field of Jewish education and community building, engaging diverse populations in serious Jewish learning with curiosity, creativity and conviction.
Associate Director of Programs
We seek a full-time Associate Director of Programs to act as a core member of Hadar’s growing programs team by owning the process of planning and executing a designated program portfolio.
The ideal candidate is self-driven, nimble, results-oriented, and excels at multitasking. This person will be energized by a fast-paced environment and able to manage simultaneous projects. The Associate Director of Programs should enjoy event management, working with people, and be an enthusiastic professional able to build relationships with internal and external constituents. The appropriate candidate is excited to work in a vibrant and enthusiastic Jewish educational organization and is driven by Hadar’s core values. This position is an opportunity to create real change in the Jewish world by advancing Hadar’s mission through excellent programming.
Hadar facilitates a range of educational programming meant to inspire and transform people of all Jewish backgrounds. The Associate Director of Programs will work closely with the Senior Director of Programs to execute programming with care, professionalism, and a sense of humor.
The Associate Director of Programs will report to the Senior Director of Programs. This position is NYC-based and will work out of our Manhattan office. This position will occasionally include staffing programs on evenings and weekends.
Hadar strongly encourages applications from individuals with a broad range of identities and backgrounds, including people of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA+ people, and people who come from low income or working class backgrounds.
- Plan and execute a virtual and in-person program portfolio that contains public lectures and events, as well as multi-day learning seminars
- Contribute to strategic vision of Hadar’s programming in partnership with the Director of Programs and Senior Management as a core member of the program team
- Manage relationships with participants, ensuring the highest quality of care and concern for participant experience, before, during, and following Hadar programs
- Hire and manage Program and Operations staff to effectively plan and execute programs and serve the needs of attendees
- Regularly communicate with relevant program partners as needed
- Ensure continual program improvement through collection of data: Oversee facilitation of program evaluations, and maintain records to continually improve Hadar’s programs
The Associate Director of Programs…
- Is a creative thinker who is motivated by person-centered programming and creating seamless user experiences
- Is able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Is organized and detail oriented
- Enjoys learning and/or creating systems that will improve program management and implementation
- Is a relationship builder with flexibility and a collaborative spirit
- Familiarity with and/or appreciation for Jewish texts would be welcome
- Comfort with public speaking and facilitation experience preferred
- Has 2-5 years of experience designing and executing programs
The Hadar Institute offers its employees a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental and Vision Care Benefits, Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Long-Term Care Insurance, and much more.
- Paid Holidays, both Jewish and legal
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Leaves of Absence
The salary range for this position is from $65,000 - $75,000.
Please apply by submitting an application through this form:
Zoom Moderators - As Needed
Interested in picking up a few extra hours of work every now and then? Hadar is regularly seeking moderators for programs on Zoom, as the need arises. This will mainly involve logging onto the Zoom room and acting as host while faculty lead the session. Some functions you may need to know are how to start a meeting, letting people in and out of waiting rooms, screen sharing, turning on and off chats and creating breakout rooms.
The rate for this opportunity is $25/ hour and will include one 30-minute paid training session. Hours will ebb and flow as our needs shift over time.
If you're interested in being contacted when this work is available, please fill out the form below.