Pedagogy of Partnership Fellowship
PoP is currently accepting applications from Jewish schools and individual Jewish educators in Chicago and Detroit for the PoP Midwest Fellowship, which will begin in the summer of 2020.
- If you are a school leader interested in this program for a school-based cohort, please see the Program Description and Criteria and apply here.
- If you are an individual Jewish educator interested in this program, please see the Program Description and Criteria and contact us directly for the application.
Contact Michal Blech with any questions.
About Pedagogy of Partnership
How you learn is what you learn
About the Fellowship
We all want our students to develop the skills to engage deeply with both text and with one another. Pedagogy of Partnership (PoP) will train a cohort of educators to empower students in grades 3-12 to lift their text learning off the page and into their hearts and minds. This fellowship offers participating educators a professional development program consisting of summertime immersive institutes, coaching during the school year, and access to a suite of PoP teaching materials.
Educators will learn to guide students to internalize the foundational PoP attitudes and skills of Listening and Articulating, Wondering and Focusing, and Supporting and Challenging. These attitudes and skills are necessary for building enduring relationships with one another and with Torah as well as other core disciplines. Through PoP, teachers and students alike will expand their experiences of learning, deepen their intellectual engagement and elevate this engagement into the realms of the ethical and spiritual. This tried and true approach has already helped many educators deepen students’ learning experiences, building connections between peers, between students and teachers and students and Torah, while fostering more caring and creative learning environments.
Current Schools in the PoP Fellowship
The schools in the 2018-2020 PoP fellowship cohort are
- Luria Academy of Brooklyn, NY
- Milton Gottesman Jewish Day School of the Nation’s Capital, Washington, DC
- Oakland Hebrew Day School, Oakland, CA
- Solomon Schechter Day School of Greater Boston, Boston, MA.