- Upcoming Events
- Weeklong Seminars
- Yeshivat Hadar
- Beyond New York
- Weekly Classes
- מכון הדר ישראל
Manger Winter Learning Seminar
January 7 - 11, 2018
Family, Choice and Belonging
Sponsored by the Manger Foundation
JOIN Hadar's beit midrash in an immersive week of Torah study, prayer, shared meals and conversation. You'll take part in an honest, dynamic, and multi-level exploration of Jewish texts with passionate teachers and committed peers.
CONNECT with an incredible network of Jews, working together to build bolder, more ambitious, and more meaningful Jewish lives.
Our 2018 theme is Beyond Biology: Family, Choice and Belonging
We will explore topics such as: Conversion, Intermarriage, Honoring Parents, and The "Rebellious Son" and ask questions such as:
- What are the elements of home and family that create our identities?
- What are different ways of building a family? How does a community integrate different forms of family?
- Do I owe allegiance to my parents and family? What are the boundaries?
- How do we navigate religious lives that might clash with our families?
Mechon Hadar, meeting in the West End Synagogue, 190 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10023.
Tuition$200 for the week; $50 discount for referring friends. Includes daily breakfast and lunch.
Classes for the week will be taught by our faculty, which may include
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it for me? If you’re ages 18-30 and looking to deepen your Jewish life through learning, prayer and community then yes!
- When is it? January 7-11, 2018.
- How much does it cost? $200 for the week; $50 discount for referring friends. Includes daily breakfast and lunch.
- Where is it? The program will be held at Hadar's Beit Midrash, housed at the West End Synagogue, 190 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10023
- How do I apply? The application for the 2018 Manger Winter Learning Seminar is now open. Please fill out the application.
- How can I find out more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.