- What We Do
- Rising Song Institute
- Pedagogy of Partnership
- Develop Lay Leaders
- Teach Jewish Ideas
- Enliven Jewish Prayer
- Enrich Jewish Professionals
- Perform Acts of Hesed
- Educate Children
- Build Community on Campus
- Deepen Connections to Israel
- Center for Jewish Law and Values
- Center for Jewish Leadership and Ideas
- Who We Are
- In the News
- INDEPENDENT MINYANIM
- Strategic Plan
- Contact Us
Rising Song Fellowship
Mechon Hadar’s Rising Song Institute launches the first Rising Song Fellowship under the direction of Creative Director Joey Weisenberg
The Rising Song Fellowship will raise the musical-spiritual creativity of Jewish culture by developing music that both connects to the energy of the Jewish community and is artistically inspiring.
The Fellowship will:
- model and articulate a paradigm for mid-21st century musical-spiritual leaders
- develop a network of leaders who will affect the hearts and ears of the Jewish world and beyond.
A select cohort of accomplished musicians, composers, and prayer leaders, from the United States, Canada and Israel will come together in a fifteen month fellowship to expand their skills and develop new modalities of musical-spiritual expression for the Jewish world.
Each Fellow will initiate an individualized program including musical technique development, a focused area of Jewish studies, and the composition of advanced professional projects through:
- monthly online cohort meetings
- havruta/partner study
- project work
The Fellows will convene together for four retreats in Philadelphia, to learn, create, experiment, and collaborate in the context of a safe and challenging incubator.