Apply below to Yeshivat Hadar's 2020 Summer Beit Midrash, July 2021!
Early Application Deadline: December 31, 2020
General Application Deadline: February 1, 2021
This summer we will be convening a four-week Summer Beit Midrash in July away from our usual NYC setting. Our summer yeshiva will be on a campus with plenty of outdoor space where we can safely live and learn together. While we will miss our home base in New York, being off-site will provide us with the opportunity to have an even more immersive experience together - sharing all of our meals, shabbatot and the natural setting. If you can’t wait to dive into a close cohort experience with people similarly passionate about living out a dream of Torah, Tefillah and shemirat mitzvot in an egalitarian community- this summer is for you!
Room and board will be provided for all participants. (There will be no additional stipend offered this summer.) Note: Participation is contingent on strict adherence to any relevant COVID regulations. At this point that includes, but is not limited to, a commitment to stay on campus for the entire duration of the program.
There are two steps to apply:
- Complete the application below.
- Contact a teacher or mentor to serve as a reference. An ideal reference is someone who has supervised you and can speak to how you handle responsibility, group dynamics, and emotions (your own and others'). It is not essential that a reference be someone who knows you from a Jewish context or who can speak to your Jewish fluency. After filling out the application, you will receive an email confirmation that will include instructions on how to submit information for your references.
2021 Summer Beit Midrash Application Timeline and Selection Process
- The application deadline is Monday, February 1, 2021. Your complete application, including letters of reference, should be submitted by this date.
- If selected for an interview, these will occur mid February through early March.
- Admissions decisions will go out by the end of March.
We are looking forward to getting to know each of you through your application. If you have questions or concerns regarding the selection process or application timeline, you can reach out to Iliana Brodsky.